The Samsung Galaxy S6 is shown a lot more love than the Note 5. We say this due to the fact that the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has come out for the S6 but not for the Note 5.
It was just weeks ago when the Samsung Galaxy S6 got the beta version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow in the UK but the update didn’t arrive for owners in the US. The update did bring with it many visual improvements along with Google Now on Tap and Doze, for saving battery life.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update looked like it may have been a minor update when first looking at it, however it brought with it plenty of upgrades. You can find some of them below but it’s not all of them.
1. Additional Quick Settings toggles for Private Mode in the status bar.
2. A new set of emoji characters.
3. In fingerprint identification, vibration occurs only when it’s not recognized.
4. A new “Install Overnight” option, where an update installation can be set at night between 2:00 and 5:00 a.m.
5. A customizable Edge panel, where its transparency and size can be adjusted (it can also be updated with new ones online).
Do you have the update and if so what do you think about it?