Sony PS4: Setting Up 2-Step Security
The Sony PS4 has received an update, which means that the console now brings a security package that has been enhanced.
The update to security for the Sony PS4 brings in an option for owners to secure their PSN account by using a two-step verification. This is a tool that is optional of course; however it may be worth doing as it offers up greater security for you financially. If you want to go ahead and set this extra security up you can follow the steps below.
1. Login to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
2. Click “Account” at the top of the page
3. Click “Security” and then follow the link at the bottom for 2-Step Verification
4. Input your phone number and a code will be sent for you to input.
On your PS4
1. Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Account Information > Security > 2-Step Verification
2. Input your phone number and a code will be sent for you to input.
There is 10 backup codes that are for one time use and so you need to keep it safe and if you were to lose your phone you can then use one of the codes to be able to gain access to your account.