It’s good to know that Samsung Galaxy S6 users in the US can finally have their hands on the latest beta version of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, all thanks to the roll-out released by Verizon. It might be slightly weird that the Note 5 phones haven’t been updated, but we think it’s only a matter of time before their newer brethren would receive the Marshmallow update as well.
You probably might think that the beta version is a minor improvement, but in fact, the update comes with a ton of upgrades. We knew that the UK’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow update comes with enhanced visual improvements, but it seems as though the US’ version might just be an octave higher. These are some of the upgrades from the 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
1. Additional Quick Settings toggles in the status bar for Private Mode.
2. A brand-new set of emoji characters.
3. A new “Install Overnight” option, for those who would prefer their update installation to be set at night between 2:00 and 5:00 am.
4. Improved visibility of notification panel icons.
5. A new Tasks Edge panel to set shortcuts for apps.
And a whole lot more of other perks if you check out the video below:
So, when exactly would you think that Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 would receive the Marshmallow update too?