News

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Has Battery Life Issues and Complaints

By  |

At the moment the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 happens to be one of the best phablets that you could go for. Of course this may not be a big surprise as it is from a company who are known for their large screen handsets.

The Samsung Galaxy Note series of devices have seen their own fair share of fights when it comes to battery life and screen size and the majority of them have been good.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with a battery of 3,000mah and this is a little smaller than the one on the Note 4. With this in mind it is worrying. From a full charge you should be able to get about 27 hours and 30 minutes from it. This is just below the Note 4 as it offered up 28 hours and 46 minutes.

To make things even worse, updates to Android have been having an ill effect on battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and this has had people complaining in the forum about the lifespan of the battery.

Do you own the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and do you have issues with the battery life?

Always looking for something new to learn, Mario looks at the internet as one big startup. With him at the helm, Autoomobile.com continues to head in the right direction of providing high quality and unbiased information on the latest new car models and electronics.

8 Comments

1. Jerry Pani

January 25, 2016 at 4:59 am

I have a Note 5 and have NO issues at all. This phone is a marvel and the BEST device ever.

2. xo calvin

January 25, 2016 at 5:11 am

I’m a heavy user and own a Note 4. I carry a spare battery with me and rarely make it through 12 hours without using the spare battery. Why in the world would you think a phone without a replacable battery is a good thing Samsung?

3. Renay Rodriguez

January 25, 2016 at 6:08 am

Battery life has always been a problem. The best solution has been to carry an extra battery and battery charger cradle and just simply swap out the battery during the day when it runs out. BUT the NOTE 5 DESTROYED THIS SOLUTION. . . they moved to a battery that cannot be swapped out during the day . . . and with this they destroyed a secondary market of selling batteries, and battery accessories. I would bet I’m not alone when I say . . . won’t be buying Samsung phones anymore!

4. fratellino

January 25, 2016 at 6:33 am

Hi, for practical purposes, Note 5 has been my first smartphone ever, for two weeks now. Under my current usage conditions, which are moderate (phone calls, chat, extensive updates and productivity app installation, but no games) the battery lasts me at least one full day and night (24 hours) which is fine, as long its capacity doesn’t start quickly degrading over time.

5. Greg

January 25, 2016 at 6:55 am

Same thing happens with the note 4 can’t wait to go back to iPhone again..

6. Paul

January 25, 2016 at 7:02 am

Get the Note 4 instead, you will like it better.

7. Murray Bob

January 25, 2016 at 7:38 am

My Note 5 was bought in September 15. It has been adjusted to be low screen intensity, basic colors, turned off voice over LTE and a few other fixes. It is charged overnight until 8am and many times needs recharging in order to last until midnight. I am unhappy about this and concerned about how bad it will get as the battery ages as I don’t want to spend another $700 in two years. Any suggestions beyond getting an external battery pack.

8. fratellino

January 26, 2016 at 4:06 am

@Murray Bob, I would personally say that’s unusual. If you’re using the fast charger that came with the unit, it should charge to 100% within 80 minutes. If you’re using it very heavily, yes you might need to recharge more than once a day, which would probably apply to any phone. Mine lasts 24 hours with no specific adjustments except low screen lighting