News

Google Nexus 6P: Looks Like The Complaints Keep Coming

By  |

One handset that has done well since it came to the market is the Google Nexus 6P. While there is a lot to like about the device it does come with some issues as owners have now found out.

The Google Nexus 6P seems to have issues with the handset going into landscape mode. When it does this there is no way of getting it back into portrait, other than turning the handset off and back on.

Owners have also said that they have had issues with the device locking up when they are making a call on it.

Others have complained about issues with the touchscreen display sensors. This led to some taking their device back for a refund as the issue is hardware related.

So do you have the Google Nexus 6P and have you been having issues with the device? Let us know in the comments section.

9 Comments

1. Eric Herlihy

April 13, 2016 at 7:08 am

I have one and I have had no serious issues. Actually I have had two because my first one broke and I had to get a new one with insurance.

I have seen the landscape issue….but simply going back to the home screen and then relaunching the app fixes the issue. Definitely not a deal breaker of an issue for me.

2. Tom Kinsman

April 13, 2016 at 9:31 am

I’ve had mine for almost 5 months and have experienced none of these issues. The one thing that I occasionally see is the screen getting stuck in Portrait mode and refusing landscape mode. This usually resolves itself after waiting 10 or so minutes, or after a reboot.

3. Robert Bridgforth

April 13, 2016 at 11:11 am

I do not like my Nexus 6p. I will probably see if I can get a return and a refund.

4. Amanda

April 13, 2016 at 11:13 am

It’s so freaking slippery I had a cracked screen in the first 2 weeks of owning it! And can I do anything about that?

5. Grant

April 13, 2016 at 1:52 pm

I’ve had the 6P since Canadian release and have had ZERO problems.

6. Adam Sheppard

April 13, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Had this since September, no issues whatsoever. But as with any hardware release there can be some error in manufacturing

7. Nereida

April 13, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I have had the 6P since October 2015. It has been a great phone so far without any problems. I went to the country of Colombia recently and it worked great there as well. The only thing to NOTE about going to another country is I had to go to airplane mode and turn it on for 2 seconds and then turn it off to make the phone work in Colombia. After that one time doing that, the next 3 months it worked like a charm. I used it for Whatsapp and UBER a lot. Also used the phone with WiFi for free call to the USA. GREAT PHONE AND PROJECT FI IS A GREAT NETWORK.

8. Thinh Nguyen

April 13, 2016 at 3:03 pm

In addition toe landscape and touch screen issues, I also have issue with savings contacts to gmail account. I have to save it more than 1 times many times.

9. JAMIE MORIN

April 13, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I’m on my second phone now. I had my original phone replaced under warranty because the speakers distort and rattle. I’m having the same problem on the second phone after only a month it seems like the top speaker is blow. I’ll probably RMA this one as well.