The Google Nexus 4 is a device that we seem to take pity on for some reason; developers have been very indecisive about rolling out the Marshmallow update to users of the device, and they finally did.
There are two variations of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM; the one from Aldrin Holmes and the other from Dmitry Grinberg. Follow these steps carefully and you’ll be on your way to holding your very own Nexus 4 being updated to the current times.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery Mode again.
5. If you’ve followed all the steps above, you should be proudly holding your Nexus 4 updated to the latest Android Marshmallow.