There has been a great deal of love and attention paid to the Google Nexus 4 and those who own it are waiting to find out if they are going to be given the update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. We haven’t heard anything about an official version but there is good news about unofficial versions as there are two ROMs available.
The first Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM comes from Aldrin Holmes and the second is from Dmitry Grinberg. Anyone who wants to install the custom ROM on their handset can check out the steps below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.
If you have followed the steps you will now have installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow onto your Google Nexus 4.