Developers along with owners have a lot of love for the Google Nexus 4 and of course they have been waiting to hear news of when they are going to receive the update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now there is some good news as it is looking as though they are going to get the update.
While the update hasn’t been made available officially, unofficially there are two versions of the ROM that you can download and install.
One of the ROMs for the Google Nexus 4 is from Dmitry Grinberg and there is another one from Aldrin Holmes. Both of the ROMs may be installed onto the handset by following the steps below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.
If you have followed the steps you will now have the Google Nexus 4 with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update installed.