Developers do seem to have a love and hate relationship with the Google Nexus 4 as one minute they love it and the next they seem to hate it. Owners hadn’t expected to get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update but there is good news as it seems that they will be doing.
The Google Nexus 4 was well received when it arrives and there are many owners of the handset. Therefore it would make a lot of sense if Google were to update it and offer Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This could be why there are now two versions of the operating system on offer. One comes from Dmitry Grinberg and the other is from Aldrin Holmes. Anyone who owns the handset can update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow by checking out the steps that are listed below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.
If you have followed the instructions to plan you should now be left holding the Google Nexus 4 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow installed.