There are many people who own the Google Nexus 4 who have wondered why it has taken so long for the handset to get Android Marshmallow. It is a device that has been received well as soon as it came onto the market, so maybe there isn’t any big surprise that it would receive the update eventually.
If you want to go ahead and get your Google Nexus 4 updated there are some things that you should know before doing so. First of all is the fact that there are two different ROMs to choose from. One is being offered by Aldrin Holmes and the other comes from Dmitry Grinberg.
When you have chosen which of the two ROMs you want to install you can follow the guide below to install Android Marshmallow onto your Google Nexus 4.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. If all has gone to plan you will have the Marshmallow update on your Google Nexus 4.