At the moment developers are having a love hate relationship with the Google Nexus 4. It was thought that the handset wasn’t going to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow but now it is looking as though it is.
The Google Nexus 4 is a handset that has been well received and it would make a great deal of sense for developers to update the handset to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This is why there is not just one but two ROMs available for the Google Nexus 4 and one comes by way of Aldrin Holmes and the other is from Dmitry Grinberg. If you want to update your handset to Marshmallow you can check out the steps below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.
If all has gone to plan you should now be holding the Google Nexus 4 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.