The Google Nexus 4 seems to be a device that developers have a love hate relationship with and owners have been waiting to hear about the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. There is good news now as it is looking as though owners are going to be able to update their handsets.
Despite the Google Nexus 4 being an old device there are many people who still own it and this is perhaps why developers gave it some love and came up with ROMs for the device to take it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
There are two different ROMs of Android 6.0 Marshmallow that you can consider installing on your Google Nexus 4. One of the ROMs comes from Dmitry Grinberg and the other from Aldrin Holmes.
If you are the owners of the Google Nexus 4 and you want to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your handset you can check out the guide below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.
If all has gone to plan you should now be left holding the Google Nexus 4 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow on it.