The Google Nexus 4 is not going to get an update officially and this means owners are not getting their hands on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However it seems that developers do have a lot of love for the handset as they are planning on updating up.
There are two different ROMs made available for the Google Nexus 4 to take the handset to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. One of them is from Aldrin Holmes and the other comes from Dmitry Grinberg. If you own the handset and you want to go ahead and update to Marshmallow you can check out the steps below.
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.