The Google Nexus 4 seems to be receiving a love-hate relationship with its developers; the device initially wouldn’t get to be updated to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but now they can. There was no denying that the smartphone was very well-received when it was released into the market, so it will only make sense for the developers to have the device updated for remaining Nexus 4 users.
It’s worth noting that there are two Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs on offer at the moment; one is Dmitry Grinberg while the other is Aldrin Holmes. Here are some of the steps if you would like to receive the Marshmallow update for your timeless Nexus 4:
1. Start by transferring the TWRP file to the device and update/install it.
2. Turn off the device and switch it on to the Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button).
3. Wait for the TWP UI to load up, then choose Wipe > Factory Reset.
4. Next, transfer one of the ROM-GApps into the device and reboot to enter Recovery mode again.
5. Now, you are ready to enjoy the Marshmallow update on your Nexus 4.