Ford announced that they will be offering their Ford Explorer owners free repairs to ensure the safety of the driver and passenger.
This started after an investigation was launch in July after reports of deadly carbon monoxide gas entering the cabins were reported by a few Police agencies. It was later reported that 2700 complains were made in total and three crashes and 41 injuries might also be linked to the issue.
Although Ford has said that their vehicles are safe and that the carbon monoxide found in the vehicles did not exceed what people are exposed to every day, they are still going to offer their owners a free repair to ensure that the gas can no longer get into the cabin.
Starting from the 1st of November, dealers will reprogram the air-conditioner, replace the liftgate drain valves and inspect the sealing of the vehicle to ensure the gas can’t seep in.