News

Complaints About Google Nexus 6P Keep Growing

By  |

The Google Nexus 6P is a device that people love and it has sold well. However while it does come with plenty of features there are some downsides t it.

Owners have been complaining about the Google Nexus 6P as they have had issues with their devices. One of the problems with the handset is that is keeps going into landscape mode. Owners then have to restart the device if they want it to go into portrait mode.

There have been other issues with the Google Nexus 6P. One of them is the fact that the device seems to lock up when on a call. There have also been issues with the sensors on the handset and this meant that some people returned their device as the issue was down to hardware.

Are you one of the owners who have had issues with the Google Nexus 6P?

6 Comments

1. Frank Bellino

April 9, 2016 at 2:51 am

IV had my 64Gb 6P since October 2015 and experienced none of the problems I’ve seen reported. Either I’m a lucky guy or possibly my selection of apps all behave well together.

2. Mike in NC

April 9, 2016 at 3:09 am

I’ve had mine a few months and have not seen these types of issues yet. I will say it’s a bit sensitive to position – I find when I’m using speech to text it will often flip to landscape mode because of a slight natural angle of my hand holding the phone. I’ve had to focus on holding it upright (because when orientation flips, it resets the keyboard/voice input). But a minor annoyance. Have never seen the orientation stick.

Overall I’ve been extremely happy with the 6P so far. Hopefully the issues above are fixable with firmware. Google has been pushing updates monthly as promised and a few updates have been rather large. Haven’t ‘had’ to restart it yet – just for system updates.

3. Christian Jones

April 9, 2016 at 3:49 am

I’ve had less issues with mine than any other phone I’ve owned dating back to the original Motorola droid.

4. Rob

April 9, 2016 at 4:55 am

I have had my Nexus 6P for 5 months and no problems at all, brilliant screen, 2 day battery. It’s great

5. SCOTT DUANE

April 9, 2016 at 10:33 am

No complaints with mine other than the one-off charger and finger ID on the back instead of the front

6. BR Mallick

April 9, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Have been using for more than 2 months now. Nice phone. Fluid touch screen experience, menu interface & app usage. Was not having any issues as mentioned. Installed the current beta version of Android OS & having minor issues here & there. Overall excellent phone. Good screen size (have reduced my usage & dependence on iPad) & worry free battery backup. Don’t think would change it till 2018. Previous handset moto X 2013.